Aragon will be a comprehensive high school with a reputation for quality academic, career, and co-curricular programs. These programs serve as models of creative and innovative solutions that meet the changing emotional, physical and educational needs of its student population and professional staff. The culturally diverse staff will be dedicated to professional growth, innovation, and collaboration leading to improved instruction. The community will be enhanced through a variety of educational, social, recreational, and cultural activities. By making use of its district and community resources, Aragon will be a dynamic organization constantly searching for better ways to provide a broad range of services.
The mission of Aragon High School is to guide students to become productive and contributing members of society. In a safe and caring environment, Aragon will provide a strong academic and co-curricular program. The staff shall coordinate the resources of the school and community in such ways that students respect themselves and others, appreciate the value of diversity and individual creativity, recognize the problems and opportunities of change, seek a set of moral standards that allows them to thrive in the world they inherit, and experience the joy of learning as a lifelong process. The value system that underlies efforts to accomplish this mission includes these beliefs:
· A school community should be a safe and caring environment that promotes respect, self-worth, creativity, and academic growth.
· All members of the school community should work collaboratively. This process includes good communications, shared decision-making and accountability.
· Learning is a process in which all can participate and succeed. Inherent in the process is innovation, risk-taking, and the challenge of one’s personal limits.
· Education must be responsive to the changing needs of our students, staff, and community.
· The school community should foster the intellectual, emotional, and physical well-being of each student.
· Diversity should be welcomed for the strength it brings to the education of all members of the school community.
· Education should be celebrated as a lifelong process that fosters personal and positive growth.