San Bruno Fire
To the Aragon Community
The following list of resources is available in the aftermath of the San Bruno Fire.
In recent days, the Capuchino, Mills and Peninsula communities have used the following support services:
• Claremont Employee Assistance Program therapists (1-800-834-3773)
• Pyramid Alternatives Counseling Services (650-355-8787)
• San Mateo County Behavioral and Recovery Services (1-800-686-0101)
• KARA grief counseling (650-321-5272)
• June Lamb, grief counselor (650-345-9531)
Aragon has its own guidance counselors and School Safety Advocate available for students and staff.
We have included a few attachments regarding "How to Cope with a Disaster: Helpful tips for individuals and families on how to cope with a traumatic event or disaster." Topics include...
• Coping with a Traumatic Event/Disaster
• Helping Your Child Cope with a Disaster - Tips for Parents and Caregivers
• Self Care - Ways to Help Manage Your Stress
Click here for the San Mateo County Disaster Assistance and Information website This site includes information about counseling, donations, blood drives and volunteering, information provided by the county.
One option for donations is through the City of San Bruno. The City is accepting donations on behalf of the victims of the Glenview Fire. Checks should be made payable to City of San Bruno and mailed to the City at City Hall, 567 El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA 94066. Include “Glenview” on the check to insure it is placed in the victim fund.
Also Capuchino has set up an account to assist Capuchino students and families impacted by the fire. Contact Principal Shamar Shanks to find out more about contributions to this account.