Aragon School Code (CEEB):
Earn the Silver Sword Award
The Silver Sword Award is given to graduating Seniors for service to Aragon High School.
- 500 points over the four High School years is required for this award.
- Only 200 points for outside Community ...more
*Check out the JOBS board in the counseling office!*
If you can offer a volunteer opportunity, part-time job or internship, e-mail a description of the position to Laurie Tezak email@example.com or ...more
Who: Seniors who plan on attending CSM after graduation
What: Fieldtrip to introduce students to services available at CSM & so much more
When: Tuesday, March 7 8:30a.m to 12:30p.m.
How: Complete and return a field trip form
Transportation and Lunch will be provided
Space is limited. Sign up today.
Seniors who are interested in attending the CSM Preview Day field trip please stop by the counseling office and pick up a fieldtrip form at Ms. Tezak's or Ms. Molala's desk
Summer Enrichment Scholarships
$500 scholarships for summer—Apply now!
Must have a 3.0 unweighted GPA and be in 10th or 11th grade to apply.
*This is a merit award not based on financial need.*
- Write a one-page letter to the PTSO Scholarship Committee. Include information on:
- How you would use a $500 award to participate in a summer activity that would help you explore a career, travel, engage in research or academic work, or gain special training in a sport, drama, art, or other interest.
- Why this summer program is right for you!
- Your program fee or expenses must meet or exceed $500.
- Include the name of your counselor in the upper right-hand corner of your letter below your name, email address, and phone number
- Attach a copy of the program brochure/description to your letter.
- Attach a copy of your most recent transcript.
- Note: Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Submit your application to Ms. Moala by 3pm on Tuesday, March 28, 2017.
*** Sponsored by Aragon PTSO
UPCOMING SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES:
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation scholarships 2/22
- College of San Mateo scholarships 2/23
- Asian Pacific Fund scholarships 2/24
- Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame, Toyota/Steve Young Scholar-Athlete Award 2/28
- Sons of Italy Western Foundation 3/1
- Canada College scholarships 3/2
- Skyline College scholarships 3/2
- Rotary of San Mateo four year scholarship 3/9
- Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival: Community Service scholarship 3/10
Please contact or see Ms. Moala for application or assistance!
Taking the Advanced Placement exams is an important part of all AP courses. Aragon High School desires that all students take AP exams for the AP classes that they have taken. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn students college credit for their high school class, saving a significant amount on tuition.
For the 2017 AP exams, students at Aragon High School will be registering online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access.
This year each AP exam costs $98.00. Aragon High School wishes that every student be able to take their AP exams. Students requiring financial assistance should contact Mr Ronald Berggren, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Counseling Office to learn more.
Online Exam registration will began on Wed, Jan 11, 2017 and end on Sat., Mar 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM. In order to register, students should click on the link provide on the school website's homepage, schoolloop/aragon, or visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/053163 to register. To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end. We know that parents may desire to register their students for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered.
Aragon High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning registration. Paying online is a great way to make sure that payment has been made while avoiding mailing payment.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Wed, Jan 11, 2017 - Registration Began
- Sat., Mar 25, 2017 – Regular Registration Ends (subject to change)
- Sunt, Mar 26, 2017 – Late Registrations and payments will incur a $25 late fee per exam. (subject to change)
- Mon, Apr 11, 2017 - Registrations that have not been paid for will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
Please contact Mr Ronald Berggren, email@example.com , if you would like to register for an exam not listed or have any questions.
Skyline College Presents the 37th Annual
Expanding your Horizons in Math and Science Conferences
A conference for 6th through 12th grade young women and interested adults to learn about STEM career opportunities
Saturday, March 18, 2017 8:15 am to 3:00 pm
Skyline College 3300 College drive San Bruno
Must register to attend in advance.
Questions??? Call - (650) 738--4310 or (650) 738-4376
Find Registration and Conference information at the Skyline link below