Aragon School Code (CEEB):
Earn the Silver Sword Award
The Silver Sword Award is given to graduating Seniors for service to Aragon High School.
- 500 points over the four High School years is required for this award.
- Only 200 points for outside Community ...more
*Check out the JOBS board in the counseling office!*
If you can offer a volunteer opportunity, part-time job or internship, e-mail a description of the position to Laurie Tezak firstname.lastname@example.org or ...more
For graduating seniors...
Black Parents Association of the SMUHSD presents the 32nd Annual Baccalaureate & Scholarship Ceremony
Over the past 32 years, the Black Parents Association (BPA) of the San Mateo Union High School District has hosted an annual Baccalaureate and Scholarship Ceremony for graduating Seniors.
The purpose of this ceremony is to recognize graduating students of African and/or African-American heritage in the SMUHSD and to celebrate their academic achievement. It is an intimate ceremony for family, friends, community, and educators to provide unified support and encouragement as students embark on the next phase of their educational journey or work experience. It encompasses recognition, reflection and cultural pride.
In addition to participating in the Baccalaureate Ceremony, we are offering an opportunity for all students to apply for the BPA Scholarship. We would like to encourage all graduating Seniors to participate in the Baccalaureate (even if you are not applying for the scholarship). This is a day to celebrate YOU! In order to join in on the celebration and/or scholarship, please click on the attached link to complete forms and for detailed information.
All forms are due back to the BPA by Friday, April 28th:
• Baccalaureate Participation Form - All student must complete this form in order to participate
• BPA Scholarship Application - Only complete if you are applying for the Scholarship
• BPA Scholarship Recommendation Letter - Must be received by the deadline from someone other than a family member
Test registration for AP has been extended until Wed., March 29 with no late charge.
go online to - Schoolloop Aragon -
AP TEST REGISTRATION FOR ARAGON STUDENTS
Stop by the counseling office to check out the "Jobs Board"
New employment are coming in daily like:
SoulCycle - San Mateo - see flier below
City of San Mateo - graduating seniors. Paid Internships and summer employment.
United States Postal Service - San Mateo - www.usps.com/careers
Skyhawks Sports - Summer Camp Coaches - HOW TO APPLY You can learn more about our coaching positions at http://www.skyhawks.com To apply, go to http://www.skyhawks.com/peninsula email any questions to email@example.com For more information visit www.skyhawks.com
Antoine's Cookie Shop - cashier - email resume to antoine@antoine
Peet's Coffee - https://www.peets.com/about-us/careers
John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth Summer Program - looking for summer assistants in classrooms, also brainstorm and lead the afternoon summer recreational activities. JHCTY also hires office assistants and a health assistant if students are looking for an office experience. Summer program location is at the Nueva School at the Bay Meadows Campus. cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer See flier below or in counseling office.
Plato's Closet - Social Media Coordinator - school Junior or Senior who has an interest in fashion and social media marketing. See flier below.
TOYS R US - Join the team this holiday season - Cashier, Stock, Sales Team - rucareers.com
Old Navy - Hillsdale - OLDNAVYtalent.com -see flier below
Sterling Cleaners - Burlingame, CA - flier below
Target - fill out an application either at any Target store location at the Service Desk or online at www.Target.com/careers & do the following - see link below
See's Candies, Inc. - recruiting for Candy Maker trainees - attached flier with information at the bottom of this page
McDonald's - career opportunities - https://mylocalmcds.com/foster-city-ca
Le Boulanger, San Mateo - Do you need dough? (money) - apply to http://www.leboulanger.com/
Aaron Bothers Art & Frame Store - apply online http://www.aaronbrothers.com/canvases/careers/
SuzieCakes - see flier below
Mathnasium- math tutors - see attached flier below
Draeger's Market - San Mateo, Menlo Park Los Altos locations. http://www.draegers.com/careerOpportunities.aspx or go to location and ask for store manager.
After Camp Care Educator - Euro School of Tennis camp - must love working with children we will provide training. Please refer to our attachment for the qualifications. Please see attached at the bottom of this page
Home Depot - careers.homedepot.com
Avis/Budget Car Rental - . avisbudgetgroup.jobs and search "part time". Please see attached at the bottom of this page
Big Arms Swimmers - swim instructors - please apply at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nDt5y1PRO5fOLb19ptIIuArH8B-E33d9w15ku3dvb1I/viewform
Deans Produce - San Mateo - walk in for application
Sherwin-Williams Paint - Wholesale Product Specialist - http://www.maxoutreach.com/job/N28269400R2926?src=fax
Pizza & Pints - Redwood City - (must be 18 years or older) firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost Plus World Market - San Mateo - Sales, Supervisors
Steve & Kate's Camp - steveandkate.com/jobs
Bambu Desserts & Drinks, San Mateo -
Email: email@example.com or Call: 415-320-3220
San Mateo Parks and Recreation - Become a leader - Martin Luther King Center - Summer staff draft. www.cityofsanmateo.org
Green Teens - 9th thru 11th graders. money for improving parks and green spaces. www.cityofsanmateo.org/teencentral
Legarza Summer Camps - camp leaders apply online at www.lbccamps.org/jobs
In and Out Burger - In-N-Out.com/employment - flexible scheduling, paid vacations, free meals, 401(k) plan
Albertsons &Safeway - careersatsafeway.com Deli/Food Service Clerks* Cut Fruit Clerks* In store hiring event March 10 1pm-4pm
PJCC in Foster City - lifeguards and swim instructors, seniors who are 18 or older; part time or full time hours after graduation
Jeffrey's Hamburgers, San Mateo - food runners
CuriOdyssey at Coyote Point - Guest Services Team and Events Team for weekends. http://curiodyssey.org/about/employment/
UPS - seasonal full-time driver helpers in order to accommodate the anticipated e-commerce-driven holiday delivery demand, (17 yrs and older). www.upsjobs.com
Whole Foods Market - wfm.com/careers
Highlands Rec. Center - Life Guards and Life Guard training
La Petite Baleen Swim School - swim teachers. firstname.lastname@example.org
Homework Central - part-time, paid, tutoring positions. Volunteer positions also available.
Five Guys Burgers - Burlingame
89.1 fm, KCEA - Advocates for Athletes, LLC.- a kid who likes broadcasting high school sports John@advocates4athletes.com
The Peninsula Regent - dining services, part-time
Apple Fritter Eatery - available for some weekends
Philz Coffee San Mateo - now recruiting for baristas and shift leaders
The City of San Mateo has opportunities for graduating seniors. Paid Internships through the summer and summer emploment
- Maintenance Support Interns - Public Works Department (must be at least 18 years old); $18/hr.
- Administrative Support Inters - Public Works Department (Must be at least 18 yrs. old); $18/hr.
- Certified Lifeguards (ages 16 & up); $15.38/hr.
- Recreation Specialist I (ages 16-17): $14.74 -$ 16.05/hr.
- Recreation Specialist II (ages 18 & up): $18.28 -$21.80/hr.
- Lifeguard Positions: Prerequisite: Red Cross Lifesaving Certificate that includes CPR. Rate of pay: $15.38/hr or with WSI $16.14/hr
- Senior Lifeguard Position: Prerequisites: Red Cross Lifesaving Certificate that includes CPR and a WSI certificate. Also, must be at least 18 years old and 1 year lifeguard experience. Rate of pay: $17.76/hr.
- Pool Manager: Prerequisites: Red Cross Lifesaving with CPR, LGI and WSI certifications. Also, must be at least 20 years old with 2 years Aquatics Supervision experience. Rate of pay: $20.29/hr
Please see attached job descriptions.
Applications are being accepted now. Apply
Summer Enrichment Scholarships
$500 scholarships for summer—Apply now!
Must have a 3.0 unweighted GPA and be in 10th or 11th grade to apply.
*This is a merit award not based on financial need.*
- Write a one-page letter to the PTSO Scholarship Committee. Include information on:
- How you would use a $500 award to participate in a summer activity that would help you explore a career, travel, engage in research or academic work, or gain special training in a sport, drama, art, or other interest.
- Why this summer program is right for you!
- Your program fee or expenses must meet or exceed $500.
- Include the name of your counselor in the upper right-hand corner of your letter below your name, email address, and phone number
- Attach a copy of the program brochure/description to your letter.
- Attach a copy of your most recent transcript.
- Note: Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Submit your application to Ms. Moala by 3pm on Tuesday, March 28, 2017.
*** Sponsored by Aragon PTSO